Peasant women carrying their wares to market. Many of the peasants lived in Kiskanizsa, which had been a separate village, but merged with Nagykanizsa. Kis means small, nagy means big, and Kanizsa means “belonging to a prince,” referring to the fact that the villages were part of the domains of Count Batthyány.
The barracks in Csáktornya, built by Ede’s father’s construction company. Franz Joseph, Emperor of the Austria-Hungary, did visit this site while under construction, which was considered a great honor.
Advertisement for Father’s factory which made, among other things, milling and pumping equipment in its iron and metal foundry.
Ella’s childhood home in Nagykanizsa as it looks today. The structure was built in 1885 and had space for a showroom and store for Mr. Weiser’s products on the ground floor, with the family’s apartment on the upper floors. It was designed by the well-regarded Viennese architect Ludwig Schöne.
A picture of Fő út in the first years of the Twentieth Century. Ella’s home is on the right. Notice how wide the street is. Fő út means Main Street.